Kimchi Tortilla Wrap
Korean food meets Mexican food!
- 4 4 Tortilla Wrap
- 4 tbsp vegetable oil
- 4 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1/2 cut into bite-sized piece of large onion
- 150 g Drained fully fermented Kimchi
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 1 Mozzarella ball
- ½ Green pepper
- Handful Wild rockets
- ½ can of sweet corn
- 2 tbsp mango chutney
- Handful Cooked chickpeas to use instead of chicken to go for the vegetarian option!
- Heat the oil in a non-stick frying pan over a medium heat. Add the chicken, brown on all sides, then remove. Slice the onion and add to the pan with a pinch of salt. Cook until softened.
- Drain the juice of the Kimchi and leave it in a separate bowl.
- Heat the oil over a high heat and add the drained Kimchi for stir fry then add 1 tsp of brown sugar to neutralise the acidity of the Kimchi.
- Add the cooked chicken (or chickpeas) and onion to the Kimchi pan. Cook for extra 5 mins to combine all the flavours into the chicken. Then add the mozzarella cheese to the chicken to melt.
- Heat the tortilla wrap on a medium heat pan until it turns to a lightly brown colour.
- Remove the wrap from the pan, add the Kimchi flavoured chicken, sliced pepper, sweet corn, handful of wild rockets and mango chutney.
- Roll up and serve with plenty of napkins!